Solid State Amps for Quad ESL 57?

My system is feeling pretty tube-y and I was looking for suggestions of a solid state amps that people are liking with their original Quad ESLs. Looking for more speed and more of the bass I know the Quads can put out if set up right.
dhcod
Hi whart - congrats on getting them set up.

Would be interested in seeing a pic of the room so I can understand what is happening.

I would be willing to go back into audiophile mode if I had the Quad II amps to compare with my Music Reference Rm10. :^)

My 57 room can be seen on my AudioGon virtual system - last pic bottom right.

I guess that means I'm not playing Black Sabbath at full tilt, but life is full of compromises. :)

Come on over and bring your lps.   :^)

They will seduce and hook you with single instruments and female voices which sound like they are at the Microphone. They make the Acoustat sound colored. and veiled. Running them as a vintage second system with selected music is no problem and with many electronics.

The issue comes ....and this day comes for everyone that listens to full range dynamic music .....you want to hear them compete with their main rig.. And this is where everyone discovers it is not plug and play. I think how much success one will have is based solely on how stubborn a personality one is, for making something work and.....is the individual the type to keep good gear and tweak. Or are they a frequent flyer, buying , selling, trading gear like stocks. If the later - the Quad 57 is not for you. It is very difficult to buy, sell, trade your listening space.

Oregonpapa (Frank)- I ran the Quad SS preamp/amps for a time. The amp was the bigger 405 that you needed to insert limiters in so you didn't fry the speakers. They are good candidates IMO and work well for a second vintage system and on some material. The preamp very quirky.

Cheers Chris 
If you watch the Fremer's tour of Audio Research plant, they showed two listening rooms; one with SF Aida's - obvious choice especially since they are owned by the same company, and used mostly for tours, and another in the back with Magnepan 20.7 used by the engineers to help with component selections and optimization. FWIW, the tour video is available online. One data point.

https://www.upscaleaudio.com/collections/new-used-specials/products/quad-ii-classic-monoblock-amplifiers-used

No affiliation.