TAD Reference loudspeakers-How good are they?

Just wondering if the TAD Ref 1 and/or TAD Compact Ref 1 are as good as some of the show reviews suggest, although a recent review did mention a slightly "dark" presentation, albeit state of the art sound.

Does anyone know if the implementation of concentric tweeter/mid is superior to that of KEF/Thiel, or perhaps the Berylium constructed drivers and/or crossover sophistication.

I'm thinking about the TAD Compact Ref One as my "final" loudspeaker, as I have a small listening room at 14 x 16; Quite expensive at MSRP of $37K. I would appreciate any and all opinions and experience with the TAD Reference loudspeakers.

Thanks so much!
opinions
audiobrian
TAD Ref 1 is my favorite speaker by far but since i will never be able to afford them, i own what i consider to be the second best speaker after the big TAG : Thiel CS 3.7
If you are fortunate enought to have the budget for a pair of TAD Ref 1 you will never regret your
@melbguy1  

Agreed, I also apologize to the OP for my part in making this TAD thread about how fantastic Magico is or isn't.
All thanks for your feedback across the entire thread, no need for apologies as we all get passionate about what we like and sometimes go overboard (guilty as charged here LOL). Magico does make some fine speakers, some much better than others (IMHO) but their heart seems to be in the right place when it comes to pushing the performance barrier all the time. The big Thiels 3.7s and in the old days the 6s and 7.x (if memory serves) were great speakers; thought about buying the higher end of the Thiel line more than once over the years.  I never forget the first 2 speakers I heard that imaged in a way that truly shocked me versus the broad stroke/diffuse sound audio speaker approach of the 70s and 80s; one was a pair of mid-line Infinity's that I owned (RS4s), the other was a pair of Thiel 1.1s in an audio shop in Montgomery Ohio (suburb of Cinci). They were playing Thomas Dolby and Patrick O'Hearn's latest highly regarded albums.  Surprising at the time how specific the imaging was and how the music just hung "correctly" in the air.  Have a great weekend guys!
shadorne5,434 posts01-06-2017 10:00am@melbguy1

Agreed, I also apologize to the OP for my part in making this TAD thread about how fantastic Magico is or isn’t.
Why? Check out page one of this thread for starters. PIoneer, I mean TAD fanboi’s have done there fair share of Magico-bashing in this thread. They have to expect a bit of push back...it’s only fair ;).
Post removed