Best Cheap Amps for Magneplanar Speakers

I want to drive some medium sized to large Maggies (1.7 or 3.7) with the cheapest possible amps that will still let them sound great.

I prefer monoblocks and by 'cheap' I mean a kilobuck or so, tho less would be fine too.  I do NOT want to spend 4 thou...
randy-11
Hey frogman,

Still very pleased with the TNT/ET Two largely thanks to you and Chris. The MW player is giving it a real challenge I must admit, even on Redbook. Never would have thought that possible from digital before. Tubes done right...

Thanks again for all your help and Happy New Year!
Dave
Pro audio amps will give you the best bang for your buck.

Look for Yamaha, Crown, Soundcraftsmen, QSC, etc.

I run a pair of Soundcraftsmen PM860 monoblocks - 900W @ 4 Ohms which have no difficulty in powering my Martin Logan Spires.

A decent preamp is essential. I use a tubed preamp with this combo.
limniscate,
My listening level varies. Usually, when things have quieted down and I just want to kick back and relax with some light rock, jazz or chamber music, the volume level is pretty moderate. When friends are over and we're in the mood for some old time rock or a live level jazz performance (Stan Getz, Hugh Masekela etc.)  the volume gets substantially louder, but neither my ears, nor my head will take rock concert volumes any longer, so I never listen at that volume level. If one is wanting to drive the Maggies at anything over 98 or 100 db. I don't think tubes would be the answer, at least not in the lower 1-2 k price range.
Jim
Post removed 
^^^^^^DO WE NEED 30 ADVERTISEMENTS FOR THIS POWER PRODUCT ?
YOUR MARKETING BLITZ HAS HAD THE REVERSE EFFECT . I WILL NOT INVESTIGATE THIS PRODUCT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!