Warm-up time for amps and preamps

How long does it take for your system to sound good from a cold start?
I try to keep my system on most of the time.  But occasionally I turn it off and it sounds like crap for a good half-hour to an hour.
i know there has been discussion here on the virtue of leaving tube preamps on all the time.
But my solid state amp (modified NuForce mono blocks) technician advises turning even them off occasionally.
128x128rvpiano
I believe rvpiano said it best. There’s been lots of threads about this already. One member mentioned awhile ago that a SACD player needs to be on for about 2-3 days to sound its best. Others have stated that SS gear needs to be on 24/7 unless not listened to for several days to a week. As much as I listen, I leave it all on 24/7. Everything is barely warm, at best. In fact, I can hardly feel the difference.

All the best,
Nonoise

Leave it on for extended life in many instances. My Class D amp runs very cool so heat is not an issue. Small preamp signal tubes last longer on as studies and real life experience show. Turning the tubes on and off often reduces tube life faster than just leaving them on. As always it depends on the design with no blanket statements applying to all gear. 
I leave it all on, even my Lampizator stays on(read manual).  I turn them off if there is an electrical storm in the area or if I am leaving home for several days.  I've had some SS devices that take 3 days to really come alive and do what they are capable of.  Try it and hear for yourself, it won't hurt them.  If leaving it on is going to harm it, you don't want it anyway.

Tube pre and power amps - turn on - warm up - turn off after you finish listening

Solid state - leave on 24/7 for best sound

Everything has a warmup period, regardless of what you do, when you start your listening period.

The higher the resolution of your system, the more noticeable the warm up effect.

I have a bel canto power amp.
Instructions say 40 hours for complete warm-up
from a cold start. So, I leave it on unless I leave town.
Any advice from those with bel canto experience?