Kimber Monocle X

Just wanted to see if anyone out there has experience with these speaker cables. A pair is available near me at a great price and I'm tempted to just go for it but there are not a lot of reviews available online so I wanted to get a little feedback. I currently use Kimber 8VS so I have to imagine they'll be a big step up for me, but I'd like to think I would want to stick with them for a while because I know I'm going to upgrade my speaker cables soon anyway. I have a Musical Fidelity a3cr pair and Infinity RSIIIa speakers. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
davelarz
Pops my experience is always good to try them in my system, agoners here all have different system, We all have different taste of sound, For the most part, you read what kind a speakers and components they have, cables sounds different on every system,if my system is dark sounding, I will look for Nordost, kimbers, silver cable, it does not always work though, auditioning cables is fun, and stressful,and it can get very enpensive too .At audiogon there is so much information that can either help or confuse you.Keep on asking until you can understand what they mean.Trust me agoners are helpful, I learned a lot here.

I had been using 8TC and tried the Monocle X and was a bit surprised at how similar they were--The Monocle X was better but I was expecting a wider margin. (Rowland Model 10 driving Maggie 1.7i's). 
I had been using 8TC and tried the Monocle X and was a bit surprised at how similar they were--The Monocle X was better but I was expecting a wider margin. (Rowland Model 10 driving Maggie 1.7i's).

Yeah , The Monacle costs more , Is bigger in diameter , Looks fancier . Of course you expected your speakers to produce magical tunes ! We all do .
" I had been using 8TC and tried the Monocle X and was a bit surprised at how similar they were--The Monocle X was better but I was expecting a wider margin. (Rowland Model 10 driving Maggie 1.7i's). "

That's probably the perfect amp to use for driving the 1.7's. I still have my 112. If I remember correctly, its the stereo version of your 10's. Those amps get the timbre exactly right in the high frequencies. At first, you may think its rolled off, but all of the information is there.

Appearance wise, the Monocle looks more like the Select series than the 8 or 12 TC. Its just an observation on my part. They may very well sound closer to the 8's.