Clean away old CD treatments

Hello,

Recently I've been trying various CD treatments. I began with Optrix, switched to Shine-ola, and even tried Ultrabit. A few of my CDs have received all three treatments without any cleansing in between.

I would like to start over. I want to clean all the old treatments off my CDs. Is it enough to use mild dish soap and distilled water? Or should I use something like Novus? I am hesitant to use lens cleaners with isopropyl alcohol or ethanol because I've heard alcohol is bad for polycarbonate.

Would appreciate any advice.
rfprice
Rfprice, I bought the Hifi tuning demagnitizer. As I said, I was skeptical, but thought 'What the heck'. Well, I was surprised when I and my friend noticed a significant difference when comparing the discs before and after.
If you want, you can borrow mine. I have been indulging in streaming music for the past 6 months. I love it.
gdnrbob, thank you so much for offering me your demagnetizer to sample. I just sent you a private message.

geoffkait, thanks for the link. I like how the writer doesn't really pick a winner. Actually I'm unaware of some of the treatments he describes. His Ultrabits are the previous formulas, not the Diamond Plus, but there probably isn't much difference between the them.

I'm becoming more and more curious about the L Art du Son. I know that Absolute Sound magazine also did a comparison and the fellow declared L Art to be the best. Still, I'm not sure I want to toss another $50 on liquids. At some point you have to stop. But I've begun to get a sense that three treatments are worthwhile: a cleaning spray, a demagnetizer, and a trimmer (although I've never actually tried a trimmer). Ever since I began collecting Japan-made discs, I've become a strong believer in the importance of the physical disc itself. I think that you would have to spend thousands on hardware to make a poorly manufactured disc sound as good as a quality disc.