Need recommendation for a CD player

Please recommend a CD player for me. Audio only, 2.1 system. I have a Parasound P5 pre with a Parasound 21 amp, Snell A2 speakers, a Snell 550 sub with its own amp, a Snell SPA 200 and good cables. Thanks for your thoughts
ericruff
Sony if you can live with the issues of the optical drive otherwise Marrantz for Reliability.

You could get your Player mod done at a later stage but if you go down this route sometimes selling modified drives are not so easy.
I have the Exemplar 3910, a heavily modified Denon DVD player that is the first player that allowed me to no longer regard discs as a necessary evil. I've heard both the 5910 and T105 and one of those will be next player. I've had the 3910 for 8 years with no issues.
I spent most of one evening researching your question and if it were me, I'd choose the Parasound CD1 if I could find one. (they've been discontinued). All my CD's are redbook and I love CD's and always will.

I'm in the same boat as the OP, in that I'm also looking to add a CD player to my system.  It currently uses an Oppo 105D as the source for both music CDs and Blu-ray discs.  Can anyone recommend a CD player -- SACD not required as the Oppo can handle that -- either new or used, in the $1500 - $2000 range, that would improve on the Oppo in terms of musicality?

Thanks.