Amp ac cable connection

Does anyone have an opinion on whether or not the 20 amp power cord form my amp should be plugged into my synergistic research conditioner or directly into the wall?  Hearing mixed reviews
128x128psinyc

ok,  After some fairly extensive listening I am keeping the ac cable plugged into the Shunyata research Hydra PC. My observations were the following:

Direct in to the wall, the sound was much bigger but a bit raw.  Bass response was deeper and the details were more acute.  But there was a definite edginess on the high end that left me listener fatigued. 

Into the Shunyata produced a lot less edginess and a tighter but more musical presentation. The bass was a bit more subdued and the stage was smaller but still very involved. 

In summrry, it's like riding a horse bareback or with a saddle.  It seems more exciting when plugged directly into the wall but its a lot more comfortable sounding when plugged into the Hydra. 

Nice post, psinyc. Glad your Shunyata is working well for you.

Just out of curiosity, do you have a dedicated line feeding that receptacle?

Dave
It is not a dedicated outlet but the pc is plugged into the wall and the other outlet is vacant.
I agree i have Audience 6TSSDOX with 20 amp breaker 2400 watts I'm using Pass 350.8 350 per ch sounds a little more dynamic into the wall but detail,definition,bass detail,stage,highs are worse.Good call and great observation i agree 100% enjoy good luck.
dlcockrum
... I am talking about the products that serve as intermediaries between the wall receptacle and the equipments’ power cords that claim to provide surge protection via sacrificial MOVs (90%+ of them I estimate) ...
MOV devices get a bad rap here. Without wading into that controversy, an MOV does not inherently limit normal current.  (Obviously, they are designed to limit surges.) Some AC protection or conditioning devices are blamed for having a negative effect on audio quality, so many audiophiles blame "current limiting" for that. In practice, most don't actually limit current when properly used.

What constitutes proper use is also the subject of some debate. For components such as isolation xformers, I wouldn't use them at more than half of their rated capacity, especially when connected to a power amplifier.