Is it a OK to leave tube pre-amps powede up 24/7

I’m relatively new to tubes in my hifi setup. Recently went from SS pre to tube ARC pre-amp and a Croft phono stage.

I have always kept all of my SS gear powered up 24/7(and still do), but I shut down my pre-amp and phono stage now after I am done listening for the day. I power them up at least a half of an hour before I put anything into play.

I would prefer to leave my tube gear on all the time, but am concerned about premature tube wear.

What would the tube folk here think about 24/7?

128x128crazyeddy
My friend, an audio manufacturer, keeps his tubed DAC and tubed pre-amp on 24/7 during non-summer months, unless he knows he will be away from his house for a stretch. He is a proponent of 24/7, and says the power surge upon turn-on is harder on the tubes than 24/7 usage.

The above pretty much states the two ways of looking at the issue.  I have read good arguments both ways.

Yes, I have always believed in keeping all of my gear permanently turned on. I would like to with my tube gear as well. I listen every day.

I think I will try keeping my pre, and phono stage on 24/7 for a while and see what happens.

Thanks for all the responses

My tube preamp designer said to keep it on all the time for best sound and tube life. He said turning it on and off is more stressful for the tubes in his design. 
I don't think there's any one right answer to this question.  It depends on how hard the component is on tubes, how long the component takes to "gel" from a cold start, time between listening sessions, how unpalatable (or conversely, inconsequential) re-tubing is to the owner, etc.

For example, my tube preamp (with internal phono stage) sounds great after a couple hours of warm-up. My tubed DAC, on the other hand, doesn't start to sing until it's been on at least 24 hours.  As I'm primarily a weekend listener, I power things up on Friday morning before I go to work, ready for listening Saturday morning, and then turn things off Sunday evening.  The DAC doesn't sound terrible after it's been on for an hour or so, but doesn't get the goosebumps going at that point.  Neither piece is hard on tubes (a long time ago I had an Audible Illusions preamp that ate tubes for breakfast), and if either of these components were tube eaters my approach would change as I'm using some pricey NOS tubes.  Finding out how long the tubes last in your pieces will take....well, will take until you need to buy new ones. :) 

From a safety/power consumption standpoint there's nothing to worry about with a preamp or phono stage if left on 24/7.  If I could listen every day as you do, I'd just leave mine on.

Short answer is NO with any model. Not only it's unsafe, but it's useless waste of tubes and other circuit components as well. It's a huge tax on component longevity.