2.0 Stereo speakers on a $2000 budget?

After finding this forum and looking around here, I'm not sure anyone has a budget. WOW! $35,000 speakers!
But, is there any advise someone could give me? I want to get a pair of good stereo speakers for $2000 or less.
I have a new NAD C 356BEE integrated amp. As well as a 30 something year old NAD 1020B pre-amp and 2200 power amp. I can use a vinyl source with the 1020B or other analog with both the 1020B and the C 356BEE. I had a Thorens turntable with a Lynn tonearm and cartridge but it got lost after the divorce.
My living room is 14' X 21' X 8' high. I like all kinds of music. Some of it pretty loud.
Help would be greatly appreciated or maybe I should just move along.
Thank you.
nadamp
nadamp,

The Vandersteen 1ci, as recommended by yogiboy, or a pair of Vandersteen 2ce are great speakers. Kind of a "can't go wrong" choice, especially if you get a good used pair at a decent price.  
But, is there any advise someone could give me? I want to get a pair of good stereo speakers for $2000 or less.
There are literally hundreds of very good speakers that are at or below your budget.

So I suggest a pair speakers that can be properly driven by your amp, are within your 2K budget and sound the best to you.  Not us.

So go out and start auditioning as many as you can that meet the above parameters.  Happy hunting!
The recommendations for a Vandersteen 1 or 2 are spot on.  You might be a bit low on power for 2.