Can Tube Amps be Used for Home Theater?

I am thinking about upgrading my Class D amps to Class A tube amps. As I will be new to tube amps can they amps be left on all the time? My TV is wired thorugh my system so the amps need to be active at all times.
sailcappy
Look into the Butler Audio TDB (Tube Driver Blue) 5150, 5 channels of 150 wpc with a 6SN7 tube (run very conservatively) driving SS output. I leave mine on all the time - about 6 years now - with no heat issues. Gives a nice blend of tube harmonics and SS bass grunt.
I like tubes in home theatre, but only with 90 db or higher efficency speakers. I have also used tubes just for the center channel to good effect.....input sensitivity was matched at 100k. I like to bi-amp as well with tubes driving the top end, SS on the bottom. After a few tube changes though, the Bryston amps sound very good again.
Thus, I have two HT systems, one for music DVD's, the other for movies. I don't need tubes to hear, a car crash or gun shots. Do the right thing.....two systems. Jallen
Whart- Thank you very much for such a detailed response.

I run my Cable Box and a Modified OPPO 95 to my ARCAM FMJ888 via HDMI for movies. So far I am very pleased with the results. I just bought a CARY 7.250 7 channel amp for multi channel listening. I decided to skip Tubes after reading opinions on this post. Plus I got a great deal on this Amp.

For two channel listening I go analogue from the OPPO to the ARCAM and select “direct” and the sound through my Dragons is very pleasing and again I am very happy.

I guess I could look into upgrading my mono Dragons to Hybrids when things settle down. That should be fun.
They were about $4,000. Google them. I am using them with planars (Analysis Audio Omega) and leave them always on. I did not open them, but I think they have one 6H30 each. Incredible sound. They are made by the Analysis Audio distributor