Do equipment stands have an impact on electronics?

Mechanical grounding or isolation from vibration has been a hot topic as of late.  Many know from experience that footers, stands and other vibration technologies impact things that vibrate a lot like speakers, subs or even listening rooms (my recent experience with an "Energy room").  The question is does it have merit when it comes to electronics and if so why?  Are there plausible explanations for their effect on electronics or suggested measurement paradigms to document such an effect?
agear
agear OP
1,172 posts
10-21-2016 8:14pm
Geoffkait:For those interested I have quite a few technical papers on my web site.

See this page for the links to technical papers, including vibration isolation, the Clever Little Clock and even the Teleportation Tweak,

http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina6.htm

to which agear replied,

"I presume you are using the word "technical" loosely here. In regards to the Teleportation Tweak you state:

4. What does the Teleportation Tweak sound like? By attenuating the deleterious effects of the particular Information Field associated with the cell phone or land line phone the sound in the room becomes much closer to the sound that you would hear in an ideal world, I.e., a world without such subconscious interference that reduces the listener’s sensory perception. After the Teleportation Tweak is performed the listener can more easily hear the complete and undistorted sound that his system is FULLY CAPABLE OF PRODUCING, that the system was producing BEFORE the TT. In other words, the SOUND WAS IN THE ROOM THE WHOLE TIME, he just couldn’t fully appreciate the sound quality since his hearing ability had always been in a degraded state and not up to the level he always assumed it was.

So maybe Michael and Bobby shared a few peace pipes. It appears as if you were an early disciple and test subject of Timothy Leary based on your somewhat schizoid mentation. Maybe I am dim, but I do not understand the paragraph referenced above. Time to call in the experts for an explanation. ;)...."

Actually it’s not schizoid. It’s just that the whole freewheeling information field/Morphic Resonance subject has been largely overlooked by audiophiles, or dismissed as hokum. It just hasn’t been discussed much. So whenever any reference to information fields pops up audiophiles tend to react as you just did, with dismay. ;-) Everything is not cut and dry in audio land. Please note quite a few of my products are based on information fields and Morphic fields. Some of these products have been around like forever. The clever clock, Teleportation Tweak, Morphic Message Labels, the Quantum Temple Bell, and Pretzel Logic Reef Knot ( a PWB product). So when I say the immediate environment affects the sound I’m not referring to room acoustics, at least not in the traditional sense. What you don’t see can hurt you. ;-)

So, how do I define the word technical? Anything to do with physical reality. Follow?

geoff at Machina Dynamica

Well, one of the trolls has checked in. Would it help if I typed slower?

My head exploded reading the psychobabble . In laments terms was there a consensus to this often thought about question ? 
maplegrovemusic
541 posts
10-22-2016 4:53pm
My head exploded reading the psychobabble . In laments terms was there a consensus to this often thought about question ?

One assumes "in laments terms" is some sort of Freudian slip.