LED vs Plasma, 60" vs 65"

I am looking to buy a new TV for my basement. I can fit a 65" but may go 60". Want to get a really good TV. Let me know what you think. Thank you.
tepig
I have been doing plasma TV's for the past 7 years. Started with a Samsung, then Pioneer Elite, then Panasonic. I had service issues on every one of them. Had to replace the panel in the Panasonic VT30-65", which when they came to replace was DOA and Panasonic had to refund my money. Samsung 64" 8000 series had pixel issues and Samsung eventually refunded my money. This time I decided to go for the Sharp Elite 70" LED/LCD panel. I have had it for only a month or so but the picture is really nice and so far no issues. I plan to have it calibrated soon as I have done to all my previous sets. I was told by Sony that the reason they don't make plasmas is because they just run too hot which eventually leads to circuit problems, etc.
I would get either a Panasonic 65" plasma or a 60" Samsung plasma in the first or second tier. LED TV's with complete backlighting are certainly no better and usually cost a lot more. And LED's with edge lighting are usually considerably worse than a good plasma, particularly with poor off-center viewing ( a common complaint with all LCD TV's) and with less accurate black and gray scales.

Greg
IMO, there is no question that PQ of plasma sets is better than any other flat panel I've seen. but there are plenty I have not. In terms of reliability, I've had a Fujitsu plasma for about 7 years now w/o any problems. It's one of the older generation sets and throws off enough heat to keep a 12 x 12 den nice and cosey on a cold New England night- we actually close the door and let the rest of the house cool down. Newer sets use much less power and give off much less heat.
60in panasonic plasma still going strong after 5yrs here. My other 46 plasma over 1 yr hassle free aswell. Best pic, viewing angle and motion is plasma, its just that simple.