Processor upgrade from Integra 9.8?

With arrival of new SOTA TV, will be going from 99% 2-channel to 85%. For 3-d capability, my question is whether to upgrade to Integra DHC-80.3/Onkyo PR-SC5508 or to go higher up the chain. Not sure what, if anything, I will be giving up by purchasing at the $2K price point vs $5K, other than, of course, an extra $3K of expense. Also have an Oppo BDP-95 on the way for Blue-Ray/3D. Will be incorporating front speakers, preamp and amps from 2-channel into the HT system.

Thanks for any help.
fplanner2010
The Oppo 93 & 95 offer either DSD or LPCM output for SACDs, both at 88.2 kHz. Presumably LPCM provides bass management, but my Cary 11a treats 88.2 kHz as DSD even if the output is LPCM, and provides no bass management. Does the Integra 80.3 distinguish between 88.2 kHz DSD and LPCM from an Oppo player so it can provide bass management with SACDs?

db
The Oppos provide LPCM only if you are using HDMI audio output. If you want DSD coming from them you need to turn off HDMI audio output and send the signal through the analog multichannel connection (I don't know if in stereo is also the same). Normally the prepros (at least my Anthem and also the Integras) do not apply room correction or bass management to an analog signal unless they convert it again to digital. So you have to rely on SACD on the Oppo bass management.
I would check out the NAD T175HD, M15, or the new T187. I think they are considered one of the better prepros for audio quality.
Wait a minute,Ridom. You get only analog from the analog output, not PCM and not DSD.

If you want DSD, you use a prepro (like the 80.2/3) that can accept DSD. It can then do Audyssey/Bass Management although it will convert the DSD to PCM for that purpose. The 80.2/3 can provide this for both DSD and PCM sources.
Oppo has been very helpful. To achieve bass management playing SACDs through my Cary 11a, I need to use analog output and set the speakers to small in the Oppo setup menu. In that configuration, the Oppo can provide bass management.

I think, but am not sure, that Kal may have answered my question. I assume he meant that the 80.2/3 can direct LF to the subs even with DSD that does not carry bass management information or with LPCM that does.

Kal, is the audio quality of the 80.2/3 good enough to make using it with a preamp or DAC passthrough moot? My impression was that the audio quality of the 80.1 was not in the same league with the Cary 11a, but there were confounding factors (different setup) in my audition of the 80.1.

db