THE WALL---Why?

No, this does not refer to Pink Floyd or Donald Trump! 
  I was just wondering why audio dealers tell you to plug the power amplifier into the wall, rather than into my PS Audio power plant? What harm would it do to plug it into the Power Plant; it has plenty of capacity?! Would I risk any damage if I plugged my power amplifier direct into the power plant? 
just curious... thanks.   ---Steve
warmglowingtubesart
terry9,
Have a BPT 3.5 Sig+ for my front end. Changed things substantially for the better. My 60 Watt mono blocks are across the room, into the wall. I'm sold on balanced power but what capacity do I need for the amps? My speakers are high efficiency so it's doubtful that I am pulling max amperage at any time.
I've found a 20 amp Equi=tech unit, just curious it it's up to the job. My calculations, using 275 watts max, the specs in the owners manual,  the amperage should be about 2.5 amps on the high side. Head room therefore would be about 4 times highest usage. Correct?
warmglowingtubesart
The dealer then came out and measured the electric current in the house, and decided that I needed a power plant because of the poor and fluctuating current provided by PG & E ...
The current in your house should only fluctuate as the load fluctuates, no? Or, do you mean the ability of your utility to deliver current varies? If it's the former, you should consider having an electrician inspect all the electrical connections starting with the meter pan, back into the service panel, then to the breakers and electric boxes. Loose or corroded connections could cause this problem, which is potentially hazardous. No Power Plant or other product can correct that problem.

If what you mean is that the utility's ability to deliver current varies, that's a different issue. To resolve it, you'll still first have to have all those connections checked. If they're ok, you'll need to work with your utility and determine whether it needs to improve its current delivery. This could involve a "beast of burden" test and/or the temporary installation of a voltage recorder. Depending on the utility, you may need the help of an experienced electrician or EE to assist you.

Don't get me wrong - I'm a believer in a variety of AC isolation devices. But they can't be expected to resolve problems with fluctuating current.

ahendler327 posts10-05-2016 7:00pm" filters are not meant to improve the sound. "
Then what are they meant to do?
Alan
Safety more than improving sound indeed.
I find that my PS Audio P-10 regenerator improves the sound and cleans up the incoming power to great extent. Very noticeable  sound improvement until I plugged in my Atma-Sphere Novacron amps. They were to much for the P-10 so they had to go to the dedicated 10ga outlets installed for my equipment. 
jafant, just another case of art becoming reality....happens more often these days....
Darnold=snake oil salesman
The Wall=everyone's ennui
MHO
;)