Music Server

I am looking for a reliable and easy to use music server with a very good interface software package.  I have about 4,500 CDs, the majority classical, so I am looking for something that does a good job at cataloguing the content.  I currently run a Naim NDS/Uniti server.  I think the software is adequate, but, I have FAR too many bugs and problems keeping it working correctly.  Enough is enough.  I would like something that is much more stable and reliable that is designed to handle a decent sized collection. 

I did some quick research and found the Antipodes server.  It seems to have the ability to run a number of different software packages (comes with Roon pre-loaded) and it has built-in capability to rip CDs, both of which are a big plus, but, I am a bit concerned about whether it might be a bit complicated to use.  I have also taken a quick look at the Aurender servers.  I have a good local dealer who is a computer whiz that carries the Aurender so that is a big plus.  Another big plus would be something that could take what I have already loaded on my QNAP NAS and work with that so I don't have to re-load, edit metadata, etc. all 4,500 CDs again.

Are there any other top end servers that I should be looking at?  Also, any suggestions on a DAC to couple with the server?

Thanks.

larryi
larryi curious what bugs and problems specifically you have with your current server?

My concern with expensive music servers in general is TCO and what benefits they provide of value over what can be accomplished versus just running music server software on commercial computers.

FWIW I run both older Logitech Squeeze and newer Plex music servers on my laptop functioning as a music server. Have been doing this for years with good results though there are always issues to deal with to keep things running smooth especially when disk drives inevitably die and restore from backup is needed.

Would be interesting to discuss and compare these alternatives with each other.

I am an Antipodes owner, so I thought I would comment.

I have never used version 1, but version 2 is easy to use and set-up.  The provided directions are good and you might want to check them out via the Antipodes website to get a feel for the process.  I have also used their support which is very good.  Lastly, the Antipodes servers are not only Roon ready (endpoint), but can also run Roon core so you don't need another computer in the mix.  I am using IPeng and expect to move to Roon later.

As a former Olive user, I have been really happy.

Lots of good choices.
You might find the Sonore microRendu to be your solution, allowing compatibility with the QNAP NAS, and a variety of software control apps that you can use including Roon, Lumin, Linn Kazoo. I've posted the benefits on multiple threads already and suggest you read the recent discussions here and the  reviews from Chris Connaker & Michael Lavorgna for a detailed explanation and more raving enthusiasm. Cheers,
Spencer
The Musica Pristina Acappella server is very easy to set up. It is Roon compatible. I am using a pre-Roon model with Kevin’s software and control app. I have not felt the need to go to Roon. It is very easy to use and has been bug free.  Kevin is readily available to speak with with should any issues arise. I have been using Musica Pristina for several years. It is a great product.