worst sounding great lps

Boss-born to run
Deep Purple-Machine Head
Meatloaf-bat out of hell
Stones-exile
128x128phasecorrect
we were just talking on another thread about how bad-sounding springsteen's classic stuff was--just listened to born to run and have to agree. graham parker's "stick to me" was also terribly produced by nick lowe, who's own records are very well done.
every audiophile MUST have at least 6...7 version of each pop album in order to share the recording quality on audiogon.
@redglobe The Chicago Transit Authority reissue(Rhino believe it or not!) is outstanding sounding, demo quality and a visitor favorite here. Cheers,
Spencer
GENESIS "BBC Crymes" on vinyl. GENESIS LIVE in studio in 1972 !? They were in top of their game, they were 22, they were bold and beautiful. Young Gabriel & other lads. Go figure.
Yes, it´s the best GENESIS LIVE quality ever captured on record.

Bootlegs sound bad ? Not all. Many bootlegs CDs are also great from their pinnacle. The Pound tour 1973-74 in particular. The power of GENESIS LIVE magic is right there. And I´m talking about CDs here. Think of the original analog recordings... there must be many gems hidden in the vaults I strongly believe...