Luxman L-590AX

Hello!

Can someone please explain how this AMP sounds? I have never heard it, but some people says this amp has an analog and warm tube sound. Is this correct?
Is this amp great if I play many bad recordings and hard rock music? Many amps are too clinical, harsh, "hifi-correct" to my taste.

If anyone have heard L-590AX compared to f.example McIntosh MA7000 or MA8000, I would be glad to hear the difference in the sound. Is the sound very different?

Thanks!
rockpanther
The 590 is a very even keeled amp, meaning not tipped either way. There is plenty of power, I have no issues with lack of bottom end. That said, you can always find other products that do one thing or the other better. It is too broad of a statement to say it is "much better than many other amps on bad recordings". The only thing I can say is that in my system, I have no issues enjoying all my music, whether the recording is good or not so good.
Does the 590AX generate much heat? I would assume a fair amout, being that it's Class A.  Any comments on the phono section? I would be driving Harbeth P3's.
I know this an older thread, and I rarely post, but I bought the L-590AX MKII three months ago, and it is the single best piece of equipment I've ever purchased. I'm 56, and have been pursuing great sound since I was 15.
I've been disappointed more often than not. Not with the Luxman. The best way I can describe it is in terms of photography... It's as if suddenly the exposure, the film, the processing, and the printing were done really well. There is no comparison, and people notice.
After 34 years, my wife has latched on to this piece like none before.
Yes- it does throw off some heat, and needs ventilation.
 It is most likely my last amp, and I have had quite a few.
Flowery prose off- PM me with any specific questions.

My only caveat to you is that the Harbeths are pretty inefficient. In a small room I guess it wouldn't matter, but it is something to consider.
I am driving Legacy Focus SE with AMT tweeters, but they are big, efficient speakers.

I have Harbeth C7ES3's powered by a 30 watt Accuphase e-600 and it plays very loud in my room of roughly 10 x 20 feet. It also sounds absolutely amazing as I'm sure the Luxman would.