Luxman L-590AX

Hello!

Can someone please explain how this AMP sounds? I have never heard it, but some people says this amp has an analog and warm tube sound. Is this correct?
Is this amp great if I play many bad recordings and hard rock music? Many amps are too clinical, harsh, "hifi-correct" to my taste.

If anyone have heard L-590AX compared to f.example McIntosh MA7000 or MA8000, I would be glad to hear the difference in the sound. Is the sound very different?

Thanks!
rockpanther

Showing 3 responses by brianmgrarcom

I have owned the L-590a II for 5 years and it replaced a McIntosh MC402/C46 combo which it handily bettered in my system. The 590a II isn't warm and fuzzy but it also isn't etched like some SS.
I am not one to tinker with the tone controls as I don't have the patients for it. That said, I enjoy my setup on all recordings, even the bad ones, if it is good music, I enjoy it; hence owning it for 5 years now.
The 590 is a very even keeled amp, meaning not tipped either way. There is plenty of power, I have no issues with lack of bottom end. That said, you can always find other products that do one thing or the other better. It is too broad of a statement to say it is "much better than many other amps on bad recordings". The only thing I can say is that in my system, I have no issues enjoying all my music, whether the recording is good or not so good.