Vintage DD turntables. Are we living dangerously?

I have just acquired a 32 year old JVC/Victor TT-101 DD turntable after having its lesser brother, the TT-81 for the last year.
TT-101
This is one of the great DD designs made at a time when the giant Japanese electronics companies like Technics, Denon, JVC/Victor and Pioneer could pour millions of dollars into 'flagship' models to 'enhance' their lower range models which often sold in the millions.
Because of their complexity however.......if they malfunction.....parts are 'unobtanium'....and they often cannot be repaired.
128x128halcro
Post removed 
Post removed 
ddriveman: 09-12-2016 2:21am  "...one remaining disadvantage of DDs over belt drives i.e. motor vibrations going up the spindle."

It is NOT motor vibration. It is bearing noise, which can happen in any drive system, whether it is direct-drive, belt-drive, idler-drive, or any other drive. The motor of a direct-drive turntable spins at 33rpm, which is half hertz, not reproduce-able in any audio system or loudspeakers. However, many belt-drive turntable motors spins up to 1800rpm, 30Hz, which is definitely audible, hence the need for isolation and decoupling. In DD tables, motor noise is the least concern and in fact it is the most important ADVANTAGE over belt-drive because it has a single slow moving part.

Thanks for your note regarding the special dangers associated with using the MC2000, Raul.  I neglected to mention that the TI Shield contains iron.  After observing the problem with the MC2000, I was able to demonstrate to my own satisfaction that the permanent magnet rotor of the L07D motor was actually inducing a magnetic field in the TI Shield, which made matters much worse.  Without the TI Shield, there is no problem, and I am able to run the MC2000 on the L07D.  It would seem that coreless turntable motors, all based on the original Dual design, generate a magnetic field and EMI that is 90 degrees different in direction (i.e., in the vertical plane rather than in the horizontal), compared with the fields generated by typical iron core motors, because of the orientation of the stator and rotor.  So, one has to be careful with them. On the other hand, my current feeling is that coreless motors are to be preferred in a DD design, for best sonics.

I was sent a few pictures of a boxed TT-101 with the original bits and pieces yesterday, regarding the deer skin mat that Victor produced,
it was shown in its original package included with the Table.

So I can confirm that it was an item that was included with the TT-101.