SET 45 Amp Driving Dynamic Speakers

I have an Antique Sound Labs Tulip SET amp running Emission Labs mesh plate 45s, driving Audio Note AN E speakers. It will play WAY louder than I want to listen, and the dynamics are amazing with all types of music.

Why do I keep reading that 45s (and other low power triodes) are only appropriate for horns, or other super efficient speakers? I think a real disservice has been done to the audiophile community by the propagation of this idea. IMO, anyone who prefers to listen to music at sane levels can enjoy the many benefits of a low power SET amp with carefully chosen dynamic speakers.

Anyone else feel this way/have similar experience?
tommylion
Also, power is felt. Listen to the same music with the same 105 db speakers at the same db level, not loud, with equal quality amps that have different power capabilities, and there will be a difference.
That's why live music sounds so different - it has the power that cannot so far be either fully captured on the recording or reproduced.
Yes, certain aspects of midrange are best reproduced by particular design amps, but not all aspects. And there are other frequences and other things that are much more important. Sophisticated textures are great but other aspects far outweigh this.
A 45 if used just on a mid horn of 106db plus is a wonderful thing and if possible one should try to hear such but if poster enjoys the 45 with the AN nothing wrong with that. 2nd order can sound good to the ear. Enjoying our system choice is what its about not if its optimal or not, so if you like it dare I say its right.
Yes the main point is it is not "ideal" but yet another compromise with trade offs that some perhaps many might easily live with.

A watt or two can also go much further when highest and lowest octaves are rolled off. That’s a reasonable trade-off as well that some systems might offer over others. My decent sounding table radio works that way. :^) Midrange freaks can be in nirvana for not as much. you might even hear things in recordings not heard on many much larger and more powerful systems.

Or if size and cost of speakers is no issue, and you are not adverse to large horns (good ones are very pricey), then you should be golden in the end with just a couple precious watts. Now that’s an option I think I might definitely be able to live with in the right house/room designed with that in mind.  But its not where I am at currently.

Inna I don’t think your automobile analogy applies to the OP’s situation , it seems rather you have projected your own specific desires and preferences.
If anyone reads his comments carefully it’s very evident that he’s quite happy with the performance of his system’s sound quality. It seems that Larryi recognized this obvious point. Others are suggesting that they wouldn’t be satisfied with this amp-speaker pairing( peak volume  limits?).  That’s fine however they aren’t the OP who happens to be very pleased with what he has. I can certainly understand why he is.
Charles,
100 db peaks is definitely desirable in a good hifi system. In fact it should be a basic criteria while choosing the speaker-amp-room combo. But 100 db continuous SPL is very loud.