Bands who'se names describe thier sound.

I saw another thread that was about a band that has a 1 word name that perfectly describes thier sound.

Morphine.

Anyone know any other bands that have a name that perfectly describes thier music?

Ill throw another one out as weell to help get this kicked off. ENIGMA....

any takers?
slappy

I did not want to be the one say it boxer (I already bore everyone enough with my Band ravings ;-), but you got it. Their name came from the residents of Woodstock, who came to think of Bob Dylan’s band as their own local Band (Woodstock is a small village in The Catskill Mountains of Upstate New York State. Perhaps you’ve heard of it, though The Woodstock Arts & Music Festival actually did NOT happen there).

While recording their debut album Music From Big Pink, the Hawks (they continued using that name, theirs since 1960, while serving as Bob’s road band) were trying to come up with a new name, vetoing amongst others The Crackers. Legend has it they were surprised to see the name The Band on MFBP when it was pressed and printed, but I find that hard to believe.

At any rate, The Band sure does fit them, though it should really be THE Band, they’re so much better than everybody else. IMO, there is The Band, and then there is everybody else. But ya’ll already know I feel that way!

bdp24,
There was a tremendous amount of talent in THE Band. I also like their musical style. They were the entire package.  
Amen. Not only three lead singers and three songwriters, but drummer Levon Helm also played harmonica, guitar, and mandolin, pianist Richard Manuel played drums (very musically and interestingly), bassist Rick Danko played tuba, and organist Garth Hudson played (plays) piano, clavinet, and sax. But more importantly, they all (including guitarist Robbie Robertson) played for the song first.
I am about half way through Robbie Robertson's new autobiography,"Testimony". Highly recommended!
Now, back to the lists.