Flat Screen Recommendations: 50 to 60 inch

I'll consider any option, LCD, Plasma, "internet" TVs, etc.
Just want something that will look good out of the box. We watch DVD movies, stream from a Roku box, and news and a few stupid shows from cable TV. Will get less than 10 hours a week of play time. Interested in all opinions and experiences with current models.
Thank you in advance.
smwdrtwin
I would still to this day suggest Plasma is the way to go but you dont watch a whole lot so LCD may be good enough for you. We watch a 58in Panasonic plasma and it looks amazing. Also have a 42in LG LCD that is so so, it looks good and has pretty good black levels but LCD has a fake cartoonish look plasma still trumps, not to mention black levels are still deeper on plasma aswell.
Just picked up a Panasonic TC-P58VT25, Panasonic's newest 58 inch plasma. This was the first flat screen I looked at and just said "WOW" since they stopped making the Kuro's. I read some reports a while ago that Panasonic bought the Kuro tech when Pioneer quit making TV's. Apparently this is one of the products that resulted from that tech transfer. I don't know how it would stand up side by side but, IMHO it looks great. Very deep blacks, great color.
Allow me to offer a suggestion out of the ordinary. If you do not need to mount the TV on a wall, seriously consider the Mitsubishi DLP TVs. I got a 60" WD-60638 from BestBuy for $797 with a FREE wieless BluRay player. That is NOT a typo.

The picture quality of this TV is outstanding, better than any plasma or LCD that I have seen. It looks so very natural and it is also very *fast*, no motion blur when watching hi-speed scenes - football, soccer, etc.

I am thoroughly pleased with this TV, it is MUCH better than I expected, especially considering the ridiculously low price that I paid.

If you want to move up their line, look at a WD-60738

-RW-
Ssvlaunch: A Panasonic salesman told me that the power supply has been scaled back compared to the Kuro design.

Think it had something to do with EU restrictions.

Don't know if this makes a significant difference in
picture quality.

The 58 inch plasma looks awsome (it's about an inch deep?).