ok im opening pandoras box here.(treatment vs framed wall art)

So i am in a dedicated 2:1 room and am treating it for sound ,it is very bright. Although I enjoy having a selection of framed pictures on my wall they vibrate and ring.I see so many unreal setups in the forum with a ton of pics on the walls. How are you mellowing the room down with 15 glass framed pics on your wall? .I realize its a battle between form and function but ...
Thanks 
128x128oleschool
Thanks for all the input
     As i stated earlier i am getting my audio room under control (new house) .My Ht room is big and has alot of slap echo to deal with.Which is back burnered right now ,i'm living with it .But my original post was regarding some of the mega systems here on the gon virtual.I see some serious setups and wonder how the hell does he have 20 framed glass pics on his walls??? How is he/she   battling the resonation that has to be taking place .
To David Pritchard. Please clarify what a "transducer" is--and how do those items you mention transduce? Thanks.
"But my original post was regarding some of the mega systems here on the gon virtual.I see some serious setups and wonder how the hell does he have 20 framed glass pics on his walls??? How is he/she battling the resonation that has to be taking place."

good question. One would see the same situation in ALL rooms at CES and other audio shows. No one seems to address the potential resonance issue related to ranked glass pictures on the wall. Which actually begs the question, is having resonators on the wall a bad thing? I can image these unintentional resonators might actually be beneficial to the sound by dissipating unwanted energy that occurs when the walls vibrate. And a lot less expensive than those precious metal tiny bowl acoustic resonators. 

Geoff i hear ya . But what is the frequency they are vibrating at ? Above our hearing ? When my pics vibrate its the frame ratting on the wall itself so say under 100hz ? But the glass itself i would think is just ringing at a high frequency (causing brightness i would think  ) I am just guessing . I still would like someone with the means to try some sr or simalar on the glass itself  . There was a system here that had maybe 40 pics on the walls ??? Thats so much glass , mostly just curious ..
oleschool OP
172 posts
07-27-2016 12:11am
Geoff i hear ya . But what is the frequency they are vibrating at ? Above our hearing ? When my pics vibrate its the frame ratting on the wall itself so say under 100hz ? But the glass itself i would think is just ringing at a high frequency (causing brightness i would think ) I am just guessing . I still would like someone with the means to try some sr or simalar on the glass itself . There was a system here that had maybe 40 pics on the walls ??? Thats so much glass , mostly just curious.

Every object has it’s own resonant frequency. An object will resonant or ring (only) when excited by a mechanical or acoustic vibration of its resonant frequency. So, depending on the size and thickness of the glass, the the glass will ring when acoustic waves of the resonant frequency excite it - or vibrate along with the frame/picture. I also suspect the grip of the frame on the glass might damp the ringing. People sometimes assume tiny metal bowl acoustic resonators or ebony discs produce high frequency distortion (excess brightness) when they resonate but they actually don’t. That’s why I said it’s possible the glass in the frames is acting as an acoustic resonator but the pictures probably wouldn’t be located in the right places on the wall to provide the benefit since placement is key.