Shiit yggdrasil

I purchased this dac a few months back and I am absolutely blown away by how much I enjoy listening to it. I have owned a Bi-dat, Ayre QB DSD, Resolution Audio, PS Audio and many others as well as in home demo of very expensive Chord, Aesthetics and DCS gear. Nothing has sounded this good in my room in my system( Devore Fidelity, Line Magnetic - other products I absolutely love). Please forgive my lack of detailed description and hyperbole as I know many of us hear and experience reproduced sound differently so you might hate it. This is just a recommendation to try it. I am so glad I did. and wanted to share my experience.
I recently finished burning in the Ayre Codex DAC.  It's not cheap around $1800 dollars but the sound it can produce is unbelievable.  I've heard many DAC ranging from $300 to $10000.  Arye has made something special with this model.  Although, the Codex was originally made as headphone amp/DAC.  The DAC is so good that it can definitely be the DAC on your main system.  The Schitt is very good :), but I would also check out the Arye Codex as another option.  After 500 hours of burn in, the music it produces is sublime!  Charlie Hansen is a genus.  
I ordered my yggdrasil DAC last week. Excited to get it. I’ll let you know my thoughts on it when it gets here. But sounds like i’ll be blown away like pretty much everyone else is.

I usually don’t spend this much on a DAC or buy new, but I made an exception with the Yggy since everyone is saying it’s worlds ahead of anything close to it's price (and even 4 times it's price even) and a true reference quality DAC well below reference prices.
I really likes the Ayre CD player and QB9 except when drivwn by a mac.  The Schiit is one of the few dacs that sounds good despite being mac driven.

Best,

Erik