Which Speaker System ?

Building my first dedicated home theater room in our basement (room is 26L x19W x 9.5h) and was all set to purchase a used pair of Wilson Sophia II's when I noticed that Klipsch has put their 'flagship' Palladium P-37F on sale for just under $4k a pair.  Sounds like a great deal!

Which speaker would you think is best suited for the Home Theater?

stickman451
Decision made; purchased the Klipsch Palladium P37 system.  Now, I need a really good pre/amp or receiver setup to match the Palladium's and get the best performance from those horns.  

Does a really good tubed unit exist for home theater???

What kind of a setup are you looking to have, 5.1, 7.1, Atmos, etc?

Do you plan on running multiple subwoofers?

Pre-pro/amp compo, AVR, AVR/amp combo?

Budget?

Bill
Either 5.1 or 7.1, not sure yet.  I will have two subs.  I need a front end and amps that will work well with the Palladiums.

ARC did make a multichannel preamp, but I believe it is long gone. The remaining reasonably available high-end preamp is the Parasound Halo P7 with 2 7.1 inputs.

A lot of high end 2-channel preamps have "bypass" mode though, which let's you use an external source as the volume for movie watching, and returns to normal operatoin for music.  With something like an Oppo with built in volume and analog outputs that's an easy integration.

Personally I use the P7 for everything. It comes well reviewed. Certainly a step up from the P5. :)
Shameless plug for something I currently have for sale but if you need to run two subs and your preamp only has output for one, then a JL Audio CR-1 crossover (along with a few others) is what you need. If you don’t have your subs already, I do highly recommend JL Audio subs. I have had and still own 2 Rel subs and an M&K sub but the JL Audio subs are better (F112v2). With the crossover, you don't have to limit your preamp search to only those with two subwoofer outputs, any preamp with one subwoofer output will work, which is the majority of them out there.