Which Speaker System ?

Building my first dedicated home theater room in our basement (room is 26L x19W x 9.5h) and was all set to purchase a used pair of Wilson Sophia II's when I noticed that Klipsch has put their 'flagship' Palladium P-37F on sale for just under $4k a pair.  Sounds like a great deal!

Which speaker would you think is best suited for the Home Theater?

stickman451

Showing 5 responses by stickman451

Decision made; purchased the Klipsch Palladium P37 system.  Now, I need a really good pre/amp or receiver setup to match the Palladium's and get the best performance from those horns.  

Does a really good tubed unit exist for home theater???

Either 5.1 or 7.1, not sure yet.  I will have two subs.  I need a front end and amps that will work well with the Palladiums.

Another question.  I am considering running 'phantom' mode for the center and elimininating the Center speaker.  Have you tried this?

There are those that say if you have good left/rights and a good quality receiver with an excellent 'phantom' mode that you don't miss the center speaker.

I received the Palladiums, P37F, last night.  I'm impressed!  Are they as good as my reference Magnepan 20.7's; no.  But they sound pretty darn good!  And they will work much better as an excellent home theater speaker.  

I only bought two of the rears (P27's).  Do you have a perference for 5.1 setup vs 7.1?  Perhaps I should get two additional rears.