Continuum Caliburn - really the best TT on earth?

I have read so many good things about the Caliburn but also figured out that this table needs some care (software, o-ring, air suction etc.) To my knowledge they have improved the table over the last three years.

Is there anyone out who has experience with this table besides of audio shows -meaningly having tested the Caliburn with the Cobra and e.g. a Lyra system within a very good chain? Is there any reason not to go for a Caliburn?
thuchan
@nandric-

"You have obviously no other comment than about spelling mistakes..."

That's hardly accurate!  Human nature(and it's attendant showing off) IS inevitable and your comment that showing off one's wealth, regarding, "cars, yachts, palaces, and women can hardly be blamed on, "Western decadence".   EVERYWHERE on the planet, people exhibit the same excesses, when having more wealth than class(ie:  "cars": Abu Dhabi’s Solid Gold Biofuel Mercedes,  "yachts": the world's current, biggest super-yacht, "Azzam," believed to be owned by the President of the United Arab Emirates, Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan,   "palaces": Antilia, a 27-story skyscraper on the pricey Altamount Road in Mumbai, is the most expensive home in the world,  "womens"?  How many Westerners have a harem?)    I don't know where you reside, BUT- extravagance and excess have been going on ever since man discovered wealth, and currently the MOST obvious examples of, "decadence" are NOT in the West.  ALL of the world's great, early civilizations(ie: Babylon, Persia, Greece) exhibited PLENTY of, "decadence" WAY BEFORE there was a West to blame it on.
   Further, some(with the disposable income) have chosen to pursue the ultimate in sound reproduction, regardless of cost.  The State of The Art in audio equipment will never come cheaply.  There will always be those that can't afford it, are jealous and will mock(also human nature and INEVITABLE).

Rodman, your quotation of my comment is correct. But your

new remark ''That's hardly accurate'' has no ground or base in

your comment. Your only remark was about my spelling error.

In our forum it is ''not done'' to comment on language errors of the members. There are many foreigners in our forum. Regarding your

general theory about ''human nature''. In Holland where I live it

is not done to show of with one's wealth. Logicaly then when there is one member of a set which does nor satisfy the ''all quantor'' means

that the whole statement is false. Your ''inevitable'' is a mistery

to me. Are you Kantian?

My remark was, "It’s also INEVITABLE". As I stated later, it’s HUMAN NATURE.  My transposing of letters was a JOKE, and I made no, "remark" about your spelling.  If you were born with no sense of humor, that’s tragic. No one in Holland exhibits any, "showing off of wealth"?   Isn’t there a certain Golden Coach, in which your entire country takes pride? Hardy humble!  Your use of, "abominable", regarding others that spend money on expensive audio components is a, "mystery" to me. "Kantian"?  You’re the only one making moral judgments. I’m through with this discourse, as it has no relevance regarding the above mentioned turntable(not to mention, it’s been a waste of keystrokes).

Dear @thuchan :  """ I believe that the Continuum tonearms are not only rare animals but among the best sounding tonearms ever designed. """

Six years ago in this same thread and when you were looking for advice about the Continuum TT  that " moved " your emotions to make the " voyage " after a CES I posted:

""" Maybe the Cobra alone could give you a better performance that any of the good tonearms you own with any of your TTs ........
Now, if what you move are more " emotions " than facts then IMHO you must go for what are pushing your " emotions """

""" No one here yet address the fact that the Cobra tonearm has a " weight " in the Continuum overall performance, more than what we can imagine. """

""" No, I did not but seems to me by its designs that maybe the most important " weight " in the overall Caliburn performance comes/culprit by the Cobra tonearm... """

""" Maybe could be interesting to test the Caliburn with out its dedicated rack-stand and with out the Cobra to find out or to be nearest to the stand alone real TT quality performance.  """

After those posts you answered me: 

""" Raul, I was going the path you followed and considered bying the Cobra tonearm... """

but " emotions win the " battle " and you gone for the Continuum TT/tonearm.

Why am I addressing these?  because the Caliburn?  , not really but because what I posted years before this thread and before other gentlemans in this forum ever addressed: that the single most important partner of any single cartridge is the tonearm and not the TT and you ( some way or the other ) just confirm it.

Yes, the Cobra is a very good tonearm and not easy to beat. Good too that you recognize that.

MF has different " preferences " but is magazine biased and that's why the comments of @halcro  in this regard.

Btw, I'm not saying that TT is not important because it's but has a different importance weight in the overall cartridge quality performance. Maybe even the Phonolinepreamp is more important in the LP analog experiences.

Good to hear from you again.

Regards and enjoy the music,

R.

In the other Thucham's thread about EMT 927 I confessed not

to care about TT's but well about carts and tonearms. Who would

think that I could get support from Raul? That is to say in the sense

that carts and tonearms are more important (grin).