Upsetting story looking for a solution

Right to it. My granddaughter stuck a finger through both berlynium tweeter covers on my Q5 speakers. I live in NJ. I contacted Magico. They are short of $1500 each. Plus shipping and labor. Magico does not sell the covers separately. They are part of the tweeter I am told. They vibrate  on high frequencys I am told as well. Anyone have any experience or possible options for me? I am considering replacing on my own. Just seems insane for the cover. I have played tracks 4, 5 and 6 on The Ultimate Anologue test LP with what seems like great results. Am I missing something? Any info, ideas or solutions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
128x128whatthe
Maybe I'm in a minority but I would be extremely unhappy to discover that a Q5 I purchased used had been "modified" by the previous owner. As I recall Magico spec even the torque to be applied to the bolts holding their cabinets together, even trying to take the thing apart risks scratches on the finish which again would materially affect resale. Given this is a current model and Magico offer great after sales service it seems insane to be DIY. Look at this as a fun time for your dealer to loan you some other speakers to enjoy while yours are back with Magico (and if you don't have this sort of close dealer relationship(s) at this level why not?)

Whatever you do I trust you will declare all this to any future buyer! Pity there's no CarFax for hi-fi
LOL
Pity there's no CarFax for hi-fi
Some of these units may do require sort-of title and "records of collision damage" :-0
Interesting story- no child/pet should be nowhere near hifi gear, especially,
loudspeakers of this sort. Send the speakers back to Magico for proper repair.
Post removed