Recommendations for IC and speaker cable

I’m in need of some recommendations for above mentioned cables. I’ll be soon looking to upgrade my entire cable entourage. I’m looking to get more synergy with my system and a cable which enhances the music experience. System consists of Krell Pre/Pro, Krell Amplifiers, Musical Fidelity CD Player, Oppo DVD and B&K 803D2 Speakers. After many hours doing research the path leads to Transparent cable which are said to be most synergetic with the Krells. Room is very much acoustically correct and everything is superb with exception of occasional high frequency anomalies (more apparent in older recordings or poorly mastered recordings)

Currently connected cables are all Blue Jeans cables which are acceptable but I feel I’m missing something in the big picture. These cables? give me a unpleasant high frequency metallic "screech", at some tweeter frequencies, for lack of better term. Cabling is XLR from Pre/Pro to Amp, Digital Coax CD to Pre/Pro, Digital Coax DVD to Pre Pro, 10GA Speaker with Bananas both ends. I’m reading that the Transparent cables will take care of this High frequency "screech". Does anyone here have suggestions as to what alternate cable to look into? I plan on trying a few brand names out without actually purchasing them unless I’m satisfied that they are the cable I like most in my system.

I’ll value any input you may have but lets not go to knocking BlueJeans as they have provided much enjoyment over the years and worth the little amount spent. I’m now retired and listen to my system much much more and am now noticing the little nuances so I’m looking for input for alternative cabling. I also love the Krell sound so no I’m not changing equipment, only cable recommendations please.

128x128gillatgh
Nice system, congrats.  I am a long time Thiel owner which offer challenges in the HF without careful system matching.  I have had good luck with Kubala Sosna Fascination speaker cables.  Great midrange and bass and in my system very nice HF extension.  They are my current favorites. 

In the sub 1K range I like Kimber 8TC and Straightwire Maestro II  which are discontinued but show up for sale on occasion.  I have compared these to cables costing many times more and they are still here and the others are gone.

For IC’s I prefer Purist Audio Vensustas over most I have tried.  Kubala Fascination and Wywires Silver have worked nicely for me also.  And believe it or not older MIT’s like 330 Shotgun from source to preamp.  I have never tried Transparent but have always been curious.  I am also recently retired so I may have missed that opportunity! 

For PC’s I use Kubala Sosna Fascination on phono and preamp and Wywires on my Mcintosh amps.  Also, a great bargain is the Analysis Plus 10 and 14 PC’s which I use on digital. Tons of great choices - good luck in your search.

BJ cable is a good budget cable, but definitely unrefined in the upper frequencies. You have a very nice system that certainly deserves better cables to take it to full potential.

Are you familiar with The Cable Company, who has a lending library  so you can audition several cable brands? (the fee is worth it).
First, what is your budget? It looks like you need IC's, speaker, and digital coax. You should also include power cables at some point in your upgrade.

For realistic and open sonics, MIT should be auditioned. Purist Audio has smooth natural highs, and is slightly warm, very musical. The Cardas "Clear" line is the new generation of Cardas. An excellent cable you don't hear much about is Silent Source; a very organic presentation, with realistic non-fatiguing highs.

For a more modest budget, look at Signal Cables website. Excellent quality and sound with a money back trial period.

Budget? In this rabbit hole hobby can there be a budget? But yes of course there is a goal which is the best for the least but no more than I can reasonably afford. I checked transparent prices and having a difficult time justifying their prices, although if they truly and measurably really provide what I’m looking for ok I’ll go on a Ramen noodle diet. But I’m thinking there’s got to be a wire out there that’s at least comparable. I’ll attempt to audition as many as I can.

Thank you all above for taking the time to assist in my quest for audio nirvana. I’ll be looking into all suggestions.

Keep it coming!

I have a set of current model Transparent Plus cables for my speakers. Though some have felt they are not what I should use with my Vandy 3a sigs, I enjoy them and think they will serve you well, as far as the high frequency 'screech'. I have owned prior models of the Transparent, but I think this current line is by far much more 'open'.
As far as IC's go, I have switched to Zu. They seem to be very neutral and clean, as well as not terribly expensive.