Upsampling - but seriously folks

Any fans of upsampling out there? Anyone have experience with upsampling in which it actually makes your source sound better?

Personally I don't see how it can possible make any difference, but I'd like to hear from those of you who have had a positive experience.
128x128jimspov
On computeraudiophile the rage seems to be using HQ Player to upsample to quad DSD. There's about a 100pg long thread about it there, which I don't have the patience to read. I can't recommend it because I haven't heard it(would like to), but it's hard to conclude that upsampling definitely can't help unless you have tried that approach and don't hear any benefit. That approach seems to have captured the hearts and attention of many who spend much time focusing on getting the most out of their bits. Cheers,
Spencer
DSD is another thing.  The noise performance of normal DSD is normally pretty poor compared to 44/16 PCM, so it may in fact be a very good thing to do. In this case the argument is entirely about noise performance.

Who can hear it and when can they hear it, that's another thing.

Best,

Erik
I have an esoteric upsampler and I use it for tidal, into my dac,  and it's pretty sweet.  It's the G25U
Post removed 
I upsample 16/48kHz Pandora from SMART TV up to 24/96 on Cambridge Audio 840C and the results are better to my ears than no upsampling.  I never use the CA to upsample 16/44.1 CD's.

Bill