Considering buying a CD transport

My current disc spinner is a Cambridge Audio 751BD which I'm now mostly (except for SACDs) using as a transport, as I vastly prefer the sound of my Bryston BDA1 DAC to what comes through the CA. Even through the Bryston DAC, CDs can sound shrill. The CA works extremely well for DVDs, Blu-ray discs and SACDs, but I don't think I'm enjoying my rather extensive CD collection as I should. Would a separate transport make enough difference to be worth considering? I've been reading reviews of the Cyrus CDt which are tempting, but I'd like to hear some real-world opinions first. Unfortunately, there are budgetary constraints, so I would like not to exceed about $2K.

The rest of the system: Hegel H200 integrated, Proac Response D2s, REL S2 sub, Clarus Aqua analog interconnects & speaker cables, Nordost coax.
cooper52
cooper52-

You have a nice system. I liked the original 651BD spinner and thinking about picking it up for Blu-Ray and SACD duty.
cooper52,
For a great cd transport the 47 Labs Flatfish is a good choice. I have mine modified with a super clock and custom battery power supply. I have yet to hear anything better including computer audio. Unfortunately mine is in a box since I lost my listening room. At your limit of 2k you could find one used. 
Ask around on other forums like Audio Circle about the Cyrus your considering.
@nonoise  thanks for the link that Sparkler stuff looks very cool and cheap to boot!
Cooper52, I initiated a thread with the intent on focus toward CD players that make for good transport. Now thinking it to be overly redundant with this thread. I wish to defer to yours and will say so in my thread.

I would think that the Cambridge CXC would serve better than the 751BD for CD playback. This I don't know as fact, however if true I would like to hear further from others as to the reasons.