Recommendation for Integrated Amp with Tone Controls

Hi, I am looking for recommendations for a good integrated amp with tone controls. I want something more attractive than a NAD with enough power to give me some flexibility. Max of $1000 to spend. I am looking for a keeper for the long term.

Sadly enough most audiophile grade amps don't have tone controls but I do find myself missing something if I can't turn the treble up a little bit. Maybe I have some hearing loss from blasting Guns N Roses when I was a teenager. Thanks for the help!
128x128brimel1974
Brime, I noticed that you were very clear on wanting tone controls, and an attractive piece at your stated budget.  I'm afraid you're going to either have to buy used, or up the budget as Nad has the bang for buck market cornered in the under $1000 price range.

Marantz might be another option, but will it blend well with your speakers?  Will it be enough power?  .
Vintage restored Pioneer SX-1080 will outperform most current ones in price range.
What does everyone think of Yamaha integrated amps? Either the AS-801 or AS-1000 are within my budget, have tone controls, and an attractive vintage look. 
I have both Pioneer SX 737 and Marantz 2070 vintage receivers that I did partial restorations on with new filter caps. The Marantz is an amazing performer, with the Pioneer perhaps 80% of the 2070's performance sonically. I would get a good 2045 or higher model Marantz receiver from the mid 70s and simply enjoy. The build quality is excellent and the sound is very musically satisfying. Plus is has tone controls!