Seems I'm really done!

Since adding a Bricasti M1 DAC in December 2015, I am totally content with my gear. Oh what a feeling! 

I do do know my phono cartridge is living on borrowed time- a Linn Arkiv B,. But till it's dead- it continues to make music. 
128x128zavato
"Trying to find just one system that will perform best with all types of recordings/music has lead me to believe that one system simply cannot do it all. "

I’ve actually found one system can PERFORM best with all types of music in regards to always delivering all the goods in most any recording in a musical way all the time.

I’ve also found that like ice cream, I may have my favorite flavor of sound that is always my goto, but I also enjoy certain other flavors from time to time. That calls for multiple systems, some better pure "performers" than others.

The extent of my craziness in this regard is I currently have 9 different places and ways to listen these days at home. Each is unique and enjoyable in different ways but there is only one best performer that always sounds "best" and most enjoyable day in and day out to me no matter what.

I’ve actually found one system can PERFORM best with all types of music in regards to always delivering all the goods in most any recording in a musical way all the time.

You are very fortunate Mapman.

jmc,

jmc, thanks, yes I would agree and am very thankful for good fortune whenever it occurs.

They do say variety is the spice of life so what is possible may not necessarily be the same as what one prefers.

zavato, Congrats! I have been there myself on several occasions. Hopefully you have a better run of success staying there than I have. Having my system dialed in perfectly many times doesn't stop me from making changes, often screwing things up again in the process.
DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING

I'm not touching a thing!!!
...proof that Nirvana can be reached...*S* I've lived to see the day.

Although the means is subject to the intent and desire of the Searcher, as it always has been, will always be.

Enjoy the bliss, zavato.  And it's wonderful to hear (no pun intended) that it has been attained for at least one entity in these pages of woe and whoa. ;)