Audiophiles... Why Men? Any woman here?

Women equally appriciate and enjoy music as man,

but Why 99.99% of the auudiophiles are men?

because it's involved with intimitating equipments?
eandylee
"disgusted in Philly" there are all kinds of men in this world and this hobby. Consider yourself fortunate to have a lady who shares equally the love of great music and great equipment (to make music on the off days) as commented in your past threads. I get the feeling many of our A'goners are relegated to the basement (so to speak) to enjoy their hobby alone. Too bad, I find music to be a great binding matter in my relationships, so many good times and memories shared all around a music related event and loved ones. I'm just glad to have that. Cheers!
Thanks for the kind words Rushton. I was simply having fun in my earlier post. Let me get serious for a moment to articulate some of the reasons women don't get involved much in this hobby:

1. They don't understand that more expensive is always better. Nope that's not right. Let's move on.

2. They don't have the trained ear necessary for the hobby. Well I guess they do. Forget this one.

3. They would feel a need to keep up the Joneses and always have the latest and greatest products. OK maybe this isn't a good example. Next.

4. They don't grasp the intracacies of matching impedances, resistances, and capacitances. OK scratch this one; we don't either.

5. They don't realize if you don't buy the component right now it might not be available next week. Well, it probably will be so let's eliminate this one reluctantly of course.

6. They have this ridiculous notion that you don't have to spend 40% of your discretionary income on audio gear. Can you believe that? They just don't get it.

7. They need to spend a preponderance of the household budget on stuff like food, clothes for the kids, and utilities. Simply absurd. Venus and Mars you know.

8. They have much more common sense than we do. Hmmmmmmmmm
I'll get back to you on this.
I'm a female music lover since childhood.  As a kid, transistor radio was good enough.  As a teenager the all-in-one record player with radio and 2 small speakers (strategically placed in a bedroom wall closet for better bass) was good enough.  Funny my husband bought our 1st higher-end (separate) components not long after we got married and later bought our 1st subwoofer.  It wasn't until the kids were out of college that I delved into this hobby.  But it was never simply for the purpose of trying new stuff (and I've tried plenty of stuff).  I was looking for a certain sound, my sound, and I'm glad to say (other than my speakers which I hope to upgrade) I'm finally happy with the sound quality of the system I have.   I'd love to have a pair of maggies to complete things but our living room is too small for those and grandchildren are too curious for comfort. I can't say I haven't had fun on this journey but there's also been some frustration and disappointment (not to mention the emptying of the pocketbook).  My husband compliments the sound of our living room system (which I bought) but is content with listening to music from his computer in the bedroom connected to an older Denon receiver (without a DAC) on a pair of speakers missing the high octaves. 
I think audio for women is a lot like street rods. They may enjoy being driven around town in a hot car but don't really enjoy tuning those dual Holley's sitting on a tunnel ram intake. Likewise, they could probably care less about the electronics and more about the music but I'm speculating. I certainly wouldn't stereotype anyone.....no pun intended. While it would be cool if my wife were impressed with the equipment she really only enjoys the music from time to time. While some talk about diamonds or clothes, I can tell you that my wife figured that since I got that big ole expensive amplifier, that gave her license to go out and buy a new and expensive mountain bike! To each his (her) own.