What's going on with the audio market?

Recent retail sales reports are very bad and I am hearing that sales for audio equipment have been nonexistent over the past few months.  I also see more dealers putting items up for sale here and on other outlets.  Even items that have traditionally sold quickly here are expiring without being sold. 

To what would you attribute the slowdown?  Have you changed your buying habits for audio equipment and, if so, why? 
theothergreg
Post removed 

Truth or dare, if everyone who visits this site answers three questions, we may have an answer. What is your age? At what age did you begin to seriously exercise your purchasing power on audio?  How many more years do you plan to commit serious money to the hobby?

61, 35, 4 

@dgarretson ,

If anything, I have been taking money out of my system lately. I'm done.....yeah, I've said that before. However, I just don't have enough time to listen to justify the expense anymore.

Also, I've noticed that this past year has been the worst seller's market that I can remember in decades. Selling is becoming so difficult that it is eliminating buying, for me anyway.

I've been buying/selling on Audiogon for over 15 years now, and AudioMart for a decade before that. The audio market today is stagnant.
I'm not sure if it's dwindling interest or the economy, maybe both.

@jmcgrogan2 

So between us, we have 54 man years of active purchasing, with 4 to go. We're 93% finished with heavy buying.  Anybody else?