Tekton Pendragons

Anyone actually have heard these speakers perform? Ive read several articles that have said they are as good as many 30k speakers. Just wondering. They can be returned but there's a 20% restocking fee which would be $540 not counting the shipping I'd have to pay as they weigh around 80 lbs each.
Thanks in advance to any replies.
Regards, Mark
usmcjax
I have heard one paired with an integrated amp ($2000 range?)+ yaggy dac ($2000), it was.... muddy. If you are looking for accurately it’s not it. It’s not a bad speaker though, mids and especially bass was great.

With that said, I’m a huge fan of 2 way waveguide designs, so it’s not a surprise that I didn’t like it.
With some more info the group can definitely be more helpful. What size room are you putting these in? What are you trying to accomplish...music for social gatherings/parties, or creating a 2-channel system for intimate listening, or just a big and powerful system to chase the neighbors? And what’s your priority...pure decibels, accuracy, delicacy, cranking Blue Oyster Cult while you run the treadmill, etc? They may be exactly what you want...
I just checked Tekton's return policy and didn't see anything about a 20% restocking fee. At one time they did have 15% restocking fee, but it was discontinued awhile ago. A stock pair of Pendragons can be had for $2000 and if you don't like them all you are out is the return shipping.  

Putting an 80lb floorstander back in the box is an exercise in futility. I still got a pair of  floorstander that I'm selling on craigslist exactly because of that... and it weights less than 40 pounds...
Buying and selling new heavy speakers with high shipping costs and/or restocking fees without hearing them first is an exercise in futility. Not great for sellers nor buyers. Cheers,
Spencer