What's the most overrated or overpriced piece of equipment you own, have owned or come by?

This hobby of ours is extremely rewarding, but can also be very expensive. I don't mind paying the big bucks (if I can afford it) for better sound. But many companies out there take advantage of us poor bastards and sell us snake oil equipment at exorbitant prices. Well...This is your chance to share with other Audiogonners.

This is your chance to GET EVEN :-)
mozart4040
PS Audio Directstream DAC. It’s borderline scam. Audiophile cables/connectors are next on the list.
Hey coli, tell me more. That DAC is on my audition shortlist. Why didn't you like it?

Wharfedale E90 loudspeakers many years ago. What was I thinking, they looked great and sounded horrible. Purchased on the basis of a favorable review in HiFi News. taught me a valuable lesson; listen before you purchase!
dbtom2: to start it has no handling of jitter. Whatever jitter comes in, comes out. The thing is buggy.... Very little bass. Only sounds good with vocal and simple stuff. Everything else sounds... wrong. It handles hi-res very badly too (ironically)

Also, noise floor is ridiculously high, -90/100db? My $300 pro audio dac noise floor is almost -130db...

I ended up selling it for around $3000, and I felt really bad for the buyer.