Determining current flow to install "audiophile" fuses.

There are 4 fuses in my Odyssey Stratos amp. I recently returned some AMR fuses because they rolled off the highs and lows a little too much for me. Mids were excellent though. Anyway, I'm getting ready to try the Hi-Fi Tuning Classic Gold fuses, as they are on clearance now for $10/ea. Are they any good? However, I have read that they are a directional fuse? Can anyone confirm this? If that is the case, does anyone know the current flow for the Odyssey Stratos? Or, does anyone know how figure out current flow by opening up the top and looking at the circuitry? 

jsbach1685

This can also depended on how the sometimes many +- conductors what way they are twisted together over meters which have inductance, capacitance and resistance , there is only ONE conductor in a fuse that's only 1/2" long!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Cheers George

George, obviously unless the cable manufacturer keeps track of the directionality of all wire the result will not be satisfactory.  If a cable manufacturer knows what he's doing having multiple conductors in a cable is not going to be a problem.  

pop quiz, are stranded cables directional? Are power cords directional?

answers at 11.

Power cables have three wires, re-read my last post, sorry but you are becoming a lost cause, and can't see the forest through the trees

Cheers George

George wrote,

"Power cables have three wires, re-read my last post, sorry but you are becoming a lost cause, and can’t see the forest through the trees."

In my defense power cords can often have only two "wires." Both of which are almost always stranded. And both of which, like all wires, are directional. Follow? As for the third wire, isn’t that the ground? I.e., it’s not really a conductor.

OK show us a power cord with two wire connection that has directionality advertised in the manufacturers POSTED docs/details. (not just an arrow on the wire.)

Some two wire powercords that have a figure 8 plug that plug into the back of low power devices such as cdp dacs ect. Can sound different if the figure 8 plug is turned around 180’. But that’s not directionality, it because the active v the neutral is fed into the mains transformer differently, inner winding v outer winding. A FUSE DOES NONE OF THIS!!!! It’s a 1/2" piece of resistance wire!!!!

Like I said Forest v Trees v geoffkait .

I relay my baton over to almarg/mapman, I’m sick of of this voodoo s**t.

Cheers George