Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
So I received the speakers. They are a little beat up - not sure how to handle that, sent an email to the seller - but I hooked them up and I've got to say they sound fantastic with the Odyssey Stratos amp. My Odyssey is an HT-3 with a cap upgrade for reference. 

Anyway, sound is extremely detailed. They are replacing Acoustic Energy Aegis speakers, Compacts for right and left and the Aegis Center. 

Surrounds are Canton Plus X speakers. 

Dialogue is is crystal clear for movies/TV. Playing Force Awakens right now and it's close to perfect dialogue. Had to turn down my sub, as the Thiels are slightly harder to drive than the Acoustic Energy speakers. No nasal dialogue, and the speakers are seriously dynamic. Easy to hear at low volume, no ability to crank them up due to sleeping family. 

Music is also excellent. Used to prefer multi-channel music mode. But now all that does is reveal the deficiencies in the Cantons. Yes, the Thiels are that much cleaner. They make the Cantons sound dark. I wouldn't call the Thiels bright in any way - just clean. If they are normally bright the Stratos is keeping them musical. 

Imaging is great. Can't tell where the speakers are even tho they are aimed slightly above my head (not installed in the wall, sitting on console table under the TV). 

Anyway, very pleased with the sound just unhappy they are cosmetically banged up...

Overall, I'd say great match with the Odyssey Stratos. I'll try to hook them up to my parasound 1206 and compare them to the MK's hooked up in the basement. 

- Dan
Many Thanks! Dan for your contribution to this thread.
Thiel will image like no other. Detail and resolution are abundant as well.

Another attribute- very clean. Some will confuse this aspect w/ forward and/or bright. I suppose that if fed the wrong source or component the presentation could be bright.  At any rate, this could be tamed w/ a tubed pre-amp or amp.  My fave combo is a tubed pre-amp and solid state power amp.  Most important of all, carefully selecting cables/power cords.
UGH! Due to a pocket door, there isn't enough room to mount the Powerplane 1.2 on the right side of my TV!

So it's 1 of 3 options:

1. Build a nice looking box around them and hang them on the wall;
2. Install them all horizontally in a row below the TV (it's a 65" so they would be mostly spread out...)
3. Sell them.

I guess I could use them in my bedroom, but that's overkill on my budget, especially when I have 2 and a half extra HT speaker systems I can use in the bedroom...

What do you guys think? I can get new grills for $40 a piece, and there are 2 very tiny (undisclosed ) chips on the speakers edges that won't be visible when installed.

Time to research on-wall options?

- Dan
Jafant,

I like you comment :
"Another attribute- very clean. Some will confuse this aspect w/ forward and/or bright. I suppose that if fed the wrong source or component the presentation could be bright. At any rate, this could be tamed w/ a tubed pre-amp or amp. My fave combo is a tubed pre-amp and solid state power amp. Most important of all, carefully selecting cables/power cords."

I have been experimenting with cables and getting some decent results, but difficult to try without purchase. My question is about tubes. I am operating a surround system with Thiels and the only tube prepro I saw was cj that doesn't do decoding. I was thinking of possibly Cary Cinema, but wanted to know if anyone had other suggestions? What are your thoughts on 5 channel. I still currently get good two channel with my set up and would like to stay multiple channeled.