Questionable service at Soundsmith

I sent my Benz Micro for a re-tipping.  After they received my cartridge I get an email on how to check status of the job.  Their website tells you retipping takes 8 - 14 weeks.  Well that came and went, I did not hear anything.  I checked the status now and then, nada.  I started to worry because it's been about a year now.  Finally, I decided to give them a call and find out what is going on.  In my mind, I'm thinking, have they lost my cartridge?  Did they misplace it?  What?  I couldn't get through, goes straight to voicemail every time.  So I decided to email an address I got from their website to ask for help.  I got a response that it will be done soon, they are really back logged.  An hour later, I get another email from another person saying it was done and ready to ship.  What?!  Did they just do a rush job on my cartridge?  Because I started to complain?  That they've had my cartridge laying around for about a year!  And here's the kicker, please pay $450 for the retipping.  Nice.  
rviloria
I was told right up front 16 weeks.  I am OK with it and I know my Benz ref s will be as good as new when I receive it.  Hang in there Peter,  my thoughts are with you and your family.
Thank you Peter for taking your time to answer this thread--your explanation of your family and the medical conditions brought tears to my eyes--I am a pensioner with tests regularly for the Conditions that may come up.May I wish for your time of need to be short and the outcomes with dignity you would so be deserving.

Who like myself that has always been welcomed into your Rooms at the Shows can forget the affable and friendly manner you always accord with style and warmth

Stay strong and brave

Des Williams
    Unless someone has experienced what Peter has and is going through they have no idea . I've been there , I know the pain , reading this has placed me back in that room , waiting , praying for something that never came . The final breath of a loved one, the exhaustion, the numbness , crying until there are no tears to cry ........
    Peter thank you for sharing and answering , I am so sorry that you or anyone has to go through this . As far as a wait for a cartridge , in these circumstances please be forgiving . Someday , we will all be there . Someday you too will understand .