Best Ways to Organize a Classical Record LP Collection ?

Need advice and recommendations from AudioGon Classical LP Aficionados.

I recently acquired a large 30+ box Classical LP collection.
Feeling a little overwhelmed. :^( 
Organizing Classical music is different from other genres.

Do you organize by Composer, their Work, the Performer, the Label, other .... ?

Can you please share your experiences, ideas, the pros and cons you found with each method. 

I am hoping your information will help me to decide which method will work best for me. 

Thanks 

128x128ct0517
In my own case it is by label (+ one section for misc. labels), and then by approx. date of composition: baroque, classical, romantic, modern, etc. I keep vocal, opera separate. If I had fewer records it would just be by date of composition.
I do it a little differently.  First, by composer, then symphonies, then major works (requiems, for example), then piano concertos, then other concertos by instrument, then sonatas by instrument, then chamber music and then smaller works.  I am intrigued by Melm's chronological organization, as it's fun to think of a work in the context of what part of a composer's life a work appeared.  Now that I think of it, in my non-classical collection, I organize by artist chronologically.  The main consideration, I think, is pick a system that will allow you to find what you're looking for.  That's especially challenging for classical, where one recording may contain works by several composers.
I first put together label ->performing artist->title(consisting of composer and name of piece or opus). Most of my Deutsche Grammophon records start with "K" -- Kubelik, Karajan and some of them with "B" Bohm :-)

ebm, which A to Z you sort?
If Ansermet conducts Brahms what letter will that be?