"Amused To Death" 2015

I pre-ordered my copy on Feb 2013. Finally arrived. I don't own the original. What do other, more experienced, (to this lp) listeners think?
128x128slaw
Nice! slaw-
I do not own a previous copy, either? I would like to know how well does the SACD sound?

For the older copy- how well does the Sony SBM gold CD sound?
Since my last post here, I've made some subtle but substantially sonic improvements in my playback system. Enough so, that I feel obliged to make known these findings.

As I noted previously, while this lp is a masterwork of production, I feel it falls flat somehow. I no longer hear the dryness in sonic terms as I said earlier. I do think I can transfer the word "dry" to another element of this effort.

I feel that it's much like watching a Hollywood "remake" of a beloved film. And as we know, these rarely turn out quite as good as the original. The other three lps I referenced, are in most ways, fresh and new.  This valiant effort, to me, seems like I've "been there done that" once before. So, in this respect, I really don't enjoy this lp enough to sit through it to it's completion, without my mind wondering about what I'm going to put on next.

There, I said it.
I have an early pressing, which I need to dig out to check  it's vintage on Discogs. I'm not a Waters fan in general. I'm more of a Gilmour fan, although I certainly prefer Floyd with Waters. I was always very picky, and never would buy used if it wasn't NM or very close. I'm confident this is worth a good buck, not sure why I'm sitting on it. I think it's something I tend to do, because my tastes tend to evolve as I get older. I do enjoy David's solo debut LP very much.