"Amused To Death" 2015

I pre-ordered my copy on Feb 2013. Finally arrived. I don't own the original. What do other, more experienced, (to this lp) listeners think?
128x128slaw

Showing 2 responses by slaw

I've listened to it over and over. I've since purchased a new VPI Classic 3 Sig. SE. I still find it somewhat dry and slightly disappointing. I think the choice of the female vocalist, is a turn off as well. While the production value is tops, I enjoy listening to  "The Wall", or "Radio KAOS", or "The Final Cut" much more. I guess it's a personal choice.
Since my last post here, I've made some subtle but substantially sonic improvements in my playback system. Enough so, that I feel obliged to make known these findings.

As I noted previously, while this lp is a masterwork of production, I feel it falls flat somehow. I no longer hear the dryness in sonic terms as I said earlier. I do think I can transfer the word "dry" to another element of this effort.

I feel that it's much like watching a Hollywood "remake" of a beloved film. And as we know, these rarely turn out quite as good as the original. The other three lps I referenced, are in most ways, fresh and new.  This valiant effort, to me, seems like I've "been there done that" once before. So, in this respect, I really don't enjoy this lp enough to sit through it to it's completion, without my mind wondering about what I'm going to put on next.

There, I said it.