Frequency Response: 29Hz-45kHz +/-3dB
Physical Attributes:
1x - SEMIT Supertweeter
1x - EMIT Tweeter
1x - 3" Edgewound Voice Coil Polydome Midrange Driver
1x - 5" Polypropylene/graphite Diaphram Polygraph
2x - 12" Cast Frame , L/C Tuned Woofers
Dimensions: 59.5"H x 21.5"W" x 8"D

My room is 12'x12', I have $2500 budget and would like to play music off my computer. I need amp(s), a preamp, and a DAC i guess (is the DAC necessary at my low of a budget range?). I know my budget is low so I will be shopping for very used/old equipment. If anyone has any experience, suggestions, or words of wisdom, they would be very much so appreciated.
Thanks,
JT
jtiesel2
I just received a pair of K9's. I also received a pair of Kinergetics KBA-202 Platinums. Speakers and amps need a little work. Does anyone have any experience and/or documentation for these devices?
I have to add that since some years I tried different combos.

If you do not biamp a very high current like the old Threshold SA series is a must. They sounded best at my home with the SA/2 monos.

Still the best sweetness and natralness came with an Audio Research SP-10 preamp as well as with an Counterpoint SA-5 or SA-5.1.

For costs I am not biamplyfing but I have a total of 56 kg power amps to drive them and they sing very beautifully.

I have tried different biamping suggestestions also with tube amps but sooner or later I came back to the SA/2 monos.

Only if you use very expensive tube on full range it will sound better like the Audio Research M-300, Conrad Johnson Premier Fives and of course a VTL Deluxe 300, nothing really very cheap of course.

You might still get the best results with biamplificatio or if you cannot biamply use very high current designs back from the past.

I have to add that not any biampliciation sounds best. You need to try and find it out.

Biamplication however with very good amps is less necessary if you have a killer preamp.

I hope this all helps. Long time no discussion here!
so when the 9's came out in the 80's  what amp back then were used to drive them????    i cannot beleve a speaker was made and there are no amp that can drive them.   and since then many amp's came out with lots of power and able to go into 4 ohm loads and lower.  i cannot imagine amps like a parasound hca 3500  with 500 watts into 4 ohms on the bass and a bryston 4b  on the top would not be able to handle the speaker.  if I had those speakers I would get for under $1,000  a pair of adcom 5500's.  I bet they would do just fine.   I had a pair running my infinity 1b's for 3 years and they dident even break a sweat.  that could be had for $400 each  see them all the time on the bay for that.  $800 total.  if it dosent work out  its only $800 not $2.500.    I'm betting they will work.  just a hunch   

so here is what you do.  odyssey audio.   stratos  stereo amps.   buy two. 20 year warranty.  nobody is going to argue with the sound quality here. jtiesel2, if you are a smart man, and I know you are you would consider this option first.   TWO NEW high quality amps for $2,600 that will work. if you notice the amps are 2 ohm stable

◾$1,375 USD
◾2 x 150 Watts RMS @ 8 Ohms
◾2 Ohm load stable
◾Class A/AB
◾2 - 400,000 Hz frequency range
◾60,000µF memory
◾45 amps current delivery
◾<0.04% THD (not audible)
◾>500 continuous damping factor
◾Input impedance 22K ohms
◾DC offset <1 mV
◾RCA & XLR (bridged) inputs
◾400 VA Plitron transformer
◾Sanken Epitaxial Planar Transistors 2SA1216 & 2SC2922
◾Anti vibration dual thickness PCB
◾Power consumption when idle ±30Watts
◾4 internal fuses 250V/6.3A, 5x20mm, fast blow
◾Additional electrical protection fuse
◾54 lbs weight / 24.5 kg
◾Dimensions: 19 width x 18 deep x 7 height (in) /
48.3 width x 45.7 deep x 17.8 height (cm)
I currently have a Stratos DUAL-MONO on my CLSIIa. This amp works VERY WELL with these. The CLSIIa will drop below 1 ohm and this amp NEVER breaks a sweat! Very open sounding and I agree, a little dark.

taken from a post here