Great female voices

I've always been fascinated by wonderful female voices (who isn't?) and have come across a couple recently that I want to share.

Rhiannon Giddens' solo album "Tomorrow is My Turn", produced by T-Bone Burnett, is an extraordinary recording of one of the great voices I've heard in many years, with a vocal and stylistic range that I've seldom heard from any other singer, ever.

And the Portuguese Fado singer Ana Moura has an amazingly beguiling voice. Try her album "Desfado" which has a version of Joni Mitchell's "A Case of You" that rivals the original.
128x128sfar
Believe me, I'm not trying to be creepy or disrespectful to little Ms. Jordan, but looking at her hair from the front and listening to her as reminds me a bit of Amy Winehouse. Ok,let the verbal bullets fly. I'm ducking.
Silvana Ida of Apoteosi
Annie Haslam of Renaissance Mk II
Jane Relf of Renaissance Mk I 
Jane Dupoc of Bacamarte
Maarit´s 1st album
Inga Rumph of Frumpy & Atlantis
Kate Bush
No one has mentioned Vienna Teng. Singer/songwriter/folky/pop vibe. Not a fan of all of her songs, but try Soon Love Soon or City Hall.

And for Eva Cassidy fans, there’s a relatively new double disk release of the Blues Alley sessions that, besides including many more tunes, has, IMO, better sound.

Now that you have listened to the others, try the good ones!

kd Lang, Tift Merritt, Margo Timmons of Cowboy junkies, Kt Oslin, Jane Monheit, Linda Eder, Lorrie Morgan (not the country songs), Lucinda Williams, Sam phillips, Alison Kraus, Mary Guthier, Crystal Gayle, Enya, Gilliam Welch, Jackie Evancho, Cocateau Twins (search for the good ones), Opera Babes (search for the good ones). Try these and I'll get you some more.