"Cracked Rear View"

This is a lyric from John Hiatt's  "Bring The Family" lp, circa 1987. A song off of this lp entitled "Learning How To Love You", has this very phrase in it. So, inevitably, I saw the comparison to the Hootie and the Blowfish lp, "Cracked Rear View".

Has this ever been discussed before? Wondering if there was a connection or a copy right violation?
128x128slaw
I actually consider the Slow Turning album superior over-all to Bring The Family. But they're both fantastic!

Those two albums are JH’s grand slam, but Slow Turning is seminal as a turning point off the booze.

I was gonna get up off that bar stool
Just as soon as I could figure it out
Why I was overlooked at the car pool
Stood up at the dance with no twist and shout

When you’re burnin’ with your last desire
And every memory haunts you
You write it down in alcohol fire
’Cause that’s the only flame that wants you

I just checked Discogs and was surprised to see that the vinyl of "Slow Turning" has never been reissued on an audiophile label? Weird.  I have a regular US first pressing.

"Bring The Family" has been reissued by Mobile Fidelity and Music On Vinyl.  I have both and really like the MOFI the best.

Boy, I'll tell you that Hiatt must be good if everyone agrees that Slow Turning and Bring The Family are clearly his best.  Both are superior records, IMO, but Stolen Moments is one of my all-time favorite records.  Personally, I prefer it to Family, but I'm not gonna argue with you if you disagree.
I went to see John on his Perfectly Good Guitar tour, and his opening act had just begun her last song as I entered The Roxy Theater on Sunset Blvd. As I listened, I thought to myself "Hey, this is a good song, she's a good singer, and this is a good band". It was Sheryl Crow and the song was "Run Baby Run". I started making it to shows earlier after that!