Brinkmann Balance vs Basis 2800

Hi everyone
i need some insight. I have a system that I have been building for some time now and the time has come to pick a turntable. As you all know there are many options to choose from. I have 2 dealers willing to sell me turntables at reasonable prices. 

The first is the Brinkmann Balance. It is 1 year old 2 arm mount system. I have heard the spider and bardo systems and have researched the praises of this table; however, I have never heard the balance before

The second is the Basis 2800 signature. I have never heard this TT before but the reviews seem to recally appreciate the quality. This TT is 4 years old. 

Any my first hand knowledge of these two tables would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
cmanios
Post removed 
The Basis is the better table and well worth the extra cost.  Also Basis has the better support with out a doubt. I had no support from Brinkmann will never own one again. 

Hey cmanios,

FYI:  I base my comments upon my knowledge of my own Basis 2500, with a Vector 3 tonearm, as well as my friend's Brinkmann Balance, with a 9" tonearm on a HRS platform, with the tube power supply.

I agree with sksos1 that the Vector is a great arm, at least as good as the Brinkmann 9" arm, and maybe better, (tough to tell due to two different systems).
Whether it is better than the 12" version, I really can't say.  I also agree that A.J. Conti, (Basis' owner/designer), provides great service and advice.  (That is one of the reasons I am on my third Basis table, and second Vector tonearm, over the last 13 years.)

I do think the Brinkmann Balance is a great table, but I do not have sksos1's ownership experience though.  (I think the table is better than my 2500, but not by a great margin.)

I would guess the Balance costs around $20K, versus the $25K for the 2800.
If I had the money, I think the Basis would be my choice too.
(25% more is a chunk of change though.)
Again, good luck making a tough choice.

BTW, What phono preamp are you going to be using?