Do ClassDAudio Amps Have Proper Decay Of Notes?

I'm interested in the ClassDAudio kits. Has anyone tried them? I had a tripath amp once and it had a liquid, detailed quality that I liked but it was too fast with the decay so ultimately sounded a bit fake, even with a tube pre. Full-bodied, lush, but too fast. I've heard the Hypex modules from Holland have nailed the decay issue but they're miles out of my price range. Just wondering if the ClassDAudio kits are close in terms of decay.
uberdine
As far as I can hear, proper decay is the only issue that class d has. Every other box is ticked, and then some. I'm not shilling for anyone, just hoping I can get a power amp for $600 that is orders of magnitude cheaper than a PassLabs and 90% of its excellence. In my experience power amps are significantly less important to the sound than speakers, preamps and cartridges, yet are insanely expensive.
Uberdine, I'm currently using a CDA 254 Class D Audio amp with an additional amp module, which provides 500 Wpc into 8 ohms, with the modules in bridged mono mode. I find the sound to be enjoyable, it ticks all the right boxes for me, and save hours on the EML 300B XLS tubes in my SET 300B amp.

I'm also using a Class D Audio kit amp, again with two CDA 254 modules, and converted it to three channel, with 125 Wpc driving surround speakers, and 500 Watts for the center channel, with that module in bridged mono.

Judging sound quality is such a subjective thing, what works for me may not work for you. However, I find the amps are very satisfying, driving my custom Tannoy HPD 315's, and sound fairly comparable to the SET 300B, but with a great deal more power. I know you are in NZ, so you are going out on a limb just to try them. You might see if Tom would consider a bit longer trial period, to allow time for shipping back in case you're not satisfied.

Regards,
Dan
I am using the Hypex NCore NC400 Bridged Mono Block class D Power Amplifiers (4 NC400 amplifiers, 2 on each side) purchased from James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC (James).  He was very helpful answering my many questions and I suggest you contact him for more information on his assembled Hypex amplifiers (he offers 3 class D models).  The cost for the bridged unit is $2,980 (plus shipping) and his contact # is 435.213.3953.  

This is my first class D power amplifier and, based on my results, sounds terrific. Of course, everyone has a different opinion on this subject. You never know “how it really sounds”, until you listen in your room and system.

In summary, I am thrilled with how good my system sounds. I am hearing details, imaging and bass that I have not heard before. My system now offers breathtaking detail, transparency, lack of noise, and excellent dynamics and sounds much better than my Luxman L-590ax Class A integrated amplifier.  My DAC is going direct (balanced XLR connection) into my power amplifier with no pre-amplifier.   This change feels like another layer of sound is presented WITHOUT THE pre-amplifier in the system.  The volume is controlled by the volume control on my DAC.

Class D typically has very high damping factor.  That might play into things like like how decay of notes sound in some cases compared say to a tube amp.   

I love my Class D amps.  They sound fantastic with every speaker I've run by them.  They deliver music effortlessly and never "break a sweat".   That matters.  

In my experience power amps are significantly less important to the sound than speakers, preamps and cartridges,

that is sooooo wrong!! The power amp-speaker interface is perhaps the most important aspect in the music signal chain, 
Every component & every connection is important in audio if you want realistic playback. Trivializing the power amp-speaker connection will lead to only trouble for you. Neglect it at your peril.....