Surround Processor better than a Proceed AVP?

Looking for a $500-900 Surround Processor Recommendation to replace a Proceed AVP-S:

1.Must have multi-room (2 zone) preout for 2-ch (so no Meridian?)
2.2-ch and 5-ch music quality on-par with or better than the Proceed AVP-S (so no Japanese AVRs?)
3.DD/DTS a must
4.Reliable – no pops or hiss. I’m getting some little pops and hangs with my AVP.
5.DD TrueHD or 5.1 analog input (AVP lacks this, AVP2 too expensive?)

Amps will be Rotel, speakers from North Creek (front/sub) and NHT (rear in-ceiling). I will not need any video switching.
ericsphillips
There is a Linn 5103 for sale here on Audiogon. That is one great sounding processor for both stereo and surround. Highly recommended.
Eric,

I passed on a number of them. Now I'm having second thoughts. The scariest bug reported by a couple of posters on AVS was the attenuator setting itself to zero. One poster claimed it blew a speaker, and that Cary accepted no liability.

db
Ballan,

I had a Linn AV5013 in a fully active Linn system with four 5140's, 5120 and the 5150 sub, sweet system for my condo, didn't handle the larger room my current system lives in in the house, but it doesn't have 5.1 analog inputs, only DD (and DTS in later model over I think after SN 3000)
In that price range, NONE, especially for music. I've had quite a few pre/pros in my day, and to this day, only the Classe SSP800 can compare.
BTW, the Proceed AVP was also a favorite of mine:).
I think a Cal Audio Labs SSP-2500 would give the Proceed a good run for the money.